Thursday 29 October 2009

Trulli still isn't happy

FIA press briefing, Trulli and Sutil "discus" what happen in Brazil


Q: (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) Question to Jarno and Adrian: I’m just wondering if
you two guys have settled your differences after your exchange of words following your
first lap accident in Brazil?
Page 4 of 5
JT: I think we’re going to discuss it probably tomorrow in the drivers’ briefing and in the GPDA
briefing. Obviously it was very disappointing to end the race like that, especially on the first lap.
Obviously I think I had every reason to be extremely furious. I’ve got all the evidence to show that I
was there, I was next to him, so I think tomorrow we are going to discuss it.
AS: I think there’s nothing to discuss. It was a quite obvious incident. In the end it was very
disappointing for myself, even more, I think, because I was the one who was just driving and he
lost control of his car and crashed in my back, so it was not my problem, it was his problem. I don’t
know why he’s freaking out like that, to be honest.
JT: (Laughing) If you want, I can show you some pictures. I don’t know if you’re blind but they
clearly show you that my front wing is next to your front wing, so…
AS: Yeah, but you’re trying to overtake me on the outside on the kerbing. There was not a
problem…
JT: So you mean… you didn’t move there…
AS: No, you were just not going off the power. The same happened in Barcelona where you lost
control again and crashed again into a Force India car. You just have to sometimes also…
JT: I just lost…
AS: ...expect the limits of the car. If there’s no way to go, you have to back off, that’s how racing is,
and I don’t know how long you want to learn it.
JT: In Barcelona I spun and he hit me because he tapped the kerb, he completely cut the circuit
and he didn’t slow down, so basically… Anyway, I think it’s better…
FA: (to KR) Shall we go?
AS: No, no. Watch the race in Barcelona. I didn’t hit you, you hit me. I don’t know what’s the
problem, but maybe your eyes are a problem.
JT: I don’t have any feeling about him.
AS: I don’t understand, really, sorry.
Q: (Alan Baldwin – Reuters) I was actually going to ask a similar question, but maybe the
two of you can agree on what you said after the incident in Brazil, because obviously Jarno
was seen to be gesticulating and saying quite a few things. Could you just tell us what was
said at the time?
JT: I was furious because I said ‘didn’t you see me?’ I mean, I was next to him and he kept
pushing me going outside until I was obviously on the kerbs. I couldn’t believe…
AS: …the kerbs, not a problem to be on the kerb, I think. Where’s the problem?
JT: Ok, no problem, it’s OK. As long as we know the rules.
AS: I know the rules.
JT: Fantastic.

2 comments: